4.01.2014

Baby Rooks Gender Reveal!

This past weekend was one of my favorite weekends EVER!

Not only did Mike and I spend the weekend in Portland, Maine listening to Darius Rucker and Eli Young band and relaxing in a gorgeous hotel room at the Westin.....we also celebrated our baby's Gender Reveal Party!!!!!

Friday night 20 of our closest family and friends came by my parent's house after work where the results were waiting.

Mike and I had an elective early ultrasound at 16 weeks at a place called Goldenview Ultrasound in Boston on Thursday this past week.
It was amazing! We got to see our little peanut swim around in 4D and got lots of great new pictures to hang on the fridge.

The ultrasound technician had us shut our eyes for about 5 minutes as she checked to see if our little munchkin was a HE or a SHE! 
I closed my eyes SO tight so I wouldn't tempt myself to peek! It was torture holding onto those envelopes that contained the results. 

There were about 3 instances where Mike looked at me and said "do you want to open it??" but we behaved and kept everything sealed.

Friday morning we woke up early and brought the results to the local party store along with a box I constructed out of craft paper and glue. 



The anticipation was KILLING us all day. 

Finally it was party time and around 6:20 pm (it was supposed to be closer to 7 but my mom couldn't wait any longer and carried the box to the front yard) we opened this bad boy up while our family and friends watched.


Can't wait for September!!! <3

20 comments:

  1. She is going to be absolutely beautiful! Glad my guess was correct��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Shannon Congratulations! I loove the little video too! Beyond sweet! xo

    Lisa,xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooooooooooohooo! lil girls are socute! YAY PINK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo precious! I love her name, too! The video you put together is priceless!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Congrats Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - a sweet little girl!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo adorable! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! So excited for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...I guessed it would be a girl! Congrats- you chose the perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an adorable video! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw yay! Congratulations on your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is from April 1st, is it really a girl? I'm kidding. Adorable video. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww this video is so cute :) :) Congrats my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your video is so precious! Absolutely love it. Congratulations on your baby girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!