2.27.2014

I'm Back with BIG News!

If you follow me on Instagram you probably have some sort of idea of where I've been since the holiday season.

If not, let me bring you up to speed!




Mike and I are expecting a baby in September!!!

Some days I can't believe it's true, then I look in the mirror and see my sans makeup face, unbrushed hair and yesterday's pajamas and remember....oh ya! 

Let me start by saying this.....

....I don't know how you women who suffer from morning sickness get yourselves out of bed, into the shower and into dress pants on a daily basis. 
I JUST CAN'T WRAP MY HEAD AROUND IT!
Hats off to you ladies because morning sickness (or in my case all day sickness) is NO JOKE!

So as I sit in front of my home office computer (praise the Lord I work from the comfort of my home)
in a paint-stained t-shirt from my sister's Bachelorette weekend circa 2008 I can't help but smile at the thought that in 6 months my home office will be transformed into Baby Rooks' room:)

Even though I am now in bed promptly at 7:00 every evening watching Netflix and the smell of most foods makes me want to hurl, I am so excited to be able to experience this journey.

It's only fitting to fire up the old blog to document this amazing time in our lives so here I am!

And don't worry....I promise to put on some makeup and a bra when I start taking weekly bump photos:)

Until next time!

21 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEE!!!! i thought so! I thought so! I thought so!!!

    Congrats lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, SO exciting!!! I can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so sorry you're suffering from morning (all day) sickness. Hopefully, you're at the tail end of it as you're on your way into the 2nd trimester. Can't wait to see bump shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! How exciting (minus the morning/all day sickness!) It seems like just a couple weeks ago I was reading about your wedding!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) :) :) :) Congratulations!!!! :) I am SO excited for you!! Not sure how much you have been on Blogger lately, but we are expecting our first baby in July! I will definitely be following along with your journey. I'm sure we will be emailing regularly these next couple of months! Ohhh I'm so happy for you!!!
    So sorry that you are experiencing the sickness part. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my god. i'm so happy for you ... You will feel better soon ... Your going to be a great mother

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg congratulations!!!! Such amazingly exciting news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! This is so exciting (except for the being sick part, of course)! & lucky you to be able to work from home. I couldn't imagine dealing with all-day-sickness on top of being at work, so that is a definite bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww I've been thinking of you and I missed this announcement! So exciting!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! That's so exciting and I'm loving that Starbucks photo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats my dear. September really is a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for you!!! I had to go to work everyday with my morning sickness and it was AWFUL!!! I wouldn't wish it on anyone- my desk was full of saltines, ginger ale, club soda and jolly ranchers. Those were the only things I could stomach. The worst was meetings because I was never sure if I would make it through or not, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! What exciting news. Can't wait to follow these posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats!! can't wait to hear more

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww congrats Shannon! Such exciting news! And glad you've come back to blog! :)

    - www.meyouandhayleylarue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!!! Hope you feel better soon! Love the announcement pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Congrats! This is such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!! I saw this on instagram and it made me so happy for you and your husband!!! Can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!