12.12.2013

Merry Christmas From the Bings (aka the Rooks)

Want to know what I love about this time of year?

I can check the mail during the day and not find a bunch of crap nestled between 16 different bills.

BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS CARD SEASON!!!!

I love when the mail lady drops the envelopes through the little slot in my entryway and I try and guess how many Christmas cards we'll receive that day:)

This year I have decided to display my cards on this festive ribbon on my coat closet door....




SIDE NOTE
Friends....please step up your game and send me some cards! 
We look like losers only having 4 cards on December 11th!
I'll be waiting by the mailbox if you're looking for me.


This year was a weird year for our Christmas card.

We couldn't use wedding photos since we did that last year (the year we actually got married) and we don't have kids to plaster all over our holiday greetings. 
We tried the cat thing one year but they HATED us for making them wear hats and antlers for the picture.

So this year we had to just take a photo of the 2 of us.....kind of boring but it did the trick.

Unfortunately we couldn't agree on what photo to use.
We must have taken 50 of them.

Here's the photo I wanted to use......



Here's how the convo went...

ME: Ooo this one is good. Let's use it
MIKE: No way, you look good but I look like a jackass
ME: It's not my fault you look like you have painful gas in all of the photos.
MIKE: (looks closely at the photo) OMG....We're the Bings!

So since hubby wouldn't let me actually send out this photo....I'm sending it out virtually for you all:)

Merry Christmas, friends:)


11 comments:

  1. hahahaha Love the convo you had lol.
    I also really like the card display. I totally plan on doing this next year for our place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten like 1 card..it is depressing!!! People need to send more cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card display, so pretty!

    I can't wait to get all the cards!!!!!

    Love your picture, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I love the Friends reference, classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahaha! Amazing Friends reference. "Those are my bedroom eyes?! Why did you ever sleep with me?!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get all kinds of sad this time of year when there's no fun Christmas cards in the daily mail :(

    It's just as fun as mailbox stalking for wedding invite RSVP's. Love how you hang yours up, such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. funny.. the photo is nice tell the hubby lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny! We always have VERY similar conversations when we are deciding on photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's too funny about the bings.... love it... last year we did a christmas card with just the two of us, but this year i said F it, and just sent out generic ones... last year my hubby told me i was "weird and cheesy" for putting the two of us on there... oh well. win some, lose some i guess! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!