11.12.2013

DIY Marriage License Letter





So this weekend I was cleaning out some boxes from my old office in my condo loft when I came across a wooden "R" and some modge podge.

Hmmmm this could be fun!

I rolled up my sleeves and pondered what I could do to this wooden "R" to make it worthy of a place on my living room bookshelf.

I went to my box of important documents and rustled through some papers until I came across our marriage license.

GENIUS!

I made a color copy of it on my printer and got to work.

Now let me preface this by saying that unless you are a 9 year old girl scout....modge podge sucks.
I remember using it ALL the time as a kid and thinking it was some sort of magic paste.

Well....maybe I was using it wrong this weekend because the bottle exploded on me, ended up on my jeans, my dining room table and I have been having to "reapply" a layer to my final product ever since because it doesn't seem to want to stick!

Anyway.....






VOILA!

It was pretty simple and now it sits pretty on my living room bookshelf:)











19 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea!! You did a great job!

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I never thought of posting that anywhere! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get out! this is seriously the cutest idea ever. xx

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omggggg greatest idea!! I can't wait to try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I will have to try it!! Thank you for the idea!

    xo

    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. we absolutelty love diy projects!! it turned out reall well!!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! Never would of though of displaying a marriage license that way. Modge podge can be the enemy! And just on a side note....I spy the state we live in on the top of that license :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo creative!!! I have to do this now :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I'm now thinking of something like this for Christmas presents :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat idea! I've never seen this floating around Pinterest or anything, so I'm a sucker for unique ideas. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!