10.28.2013

2nd Annual Weekend in Salem!

Happy Monday, friends!

Can you believe Halloween is this week??
This really is the best time of year. 
It's crisp and cool outside, the leaves are blowing and starting this Friday I can listen to Christmas music as I work all day.

Yes that's right....Christmas music. November 1st is when I start....what of it?

Moving right along....

This past weekend I spent my 2nd Annual Halloween weekend in Salem, Massachusetts with friends!
(you can read about last year's visit HERE)

Salem is the absolute BEST place to be in October....the BEST
It is home to the Sanderson Sisters of course! 
Lucky for us we only live a short train ride away:)

In Salem people dress up like crazy, there's tons of museums, spooky tours and great night life.

This year we decided to go with a "Great Gatsby" theme which is fun and easy and a great excuse to rock red lipstick.
Plus...added bonus -  who doesn't like seeing their man dress up in a suit/vest for no reason?

Time to see some photos.....




Sadly my "french 75" cocktails got the best of me after this and I didn't take anymore photos:(

Instead, I'll leave you all with this......


(why HELLO, Mr. Gatsby)



Sami's Shenanigans

16 comments:

  1. This looked so much fun and you looked amazing as well. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costumes! One of my best friends lives in Salem and he's always trying to get us to fly up for Halloween, one of these years we need to make it a priority. It should be on everyone's bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love y'all's costumes! So fun. I still haven't seen the movie... I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love your costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooo cute - LOVE the costumes, you look gorg as always!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like so much fun! Might have to drag the husband and friends there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute costumes! I've always wanted to be a flapper in a fun dress for Halloween. Maybe someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I think Mike and I will have to join you guys next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a GREAT costume! Super cute--love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw you followed me, I figured I'd check out yours too! great pictures, looks like a good time.. and I love Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shannon! This is going to sound crazy, but I think I was your server Saturday evening at Boston Beer Works!? Maybe? Or else there were two other couples that wore the exact same costumes and were upstairs watching the Sox game hanging out!

    Kaylie
    www.lifeasyouliveit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can we all just stop and talk about how beautiful you are for a second? But seriously.
    I was also just wondering how you stumbled upon my blog - I'm so glad you did because now I in turn, know you! I love the printables that you post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!