7.30.2013

Mini Egg White Quiches...Delicious to Eat...Awful to Say

Happy Tuesday, Lovelies!

I'm here to show you what's happening in my (half renovated) kitchen these days.

I played Suzie Homemaker yesterday and decided to whip up some mini egg white quiches for my hubby to take to work with him and eat for breakfast.

**side note**
"quiche" is in my top 3 for most hated words of all time (along with the words "moist" and "panties")
but since I love my hubby and want him to eat some protein I decided I could spare my hatred for one afternoon.

Back on track now....



These quiches (cringe) are great because you can bake them in muffin tins and then freeze them!

Here's what you need....




I started by browning up some of my turkey bacon (3-4 big pieces) and chopping up all of my veggies nice and small. You can use as much of the veggies as you'd like. I ended up chopping the full red and green pepper and about half the onion. 


**another side note

Who else owns the Vidalia Chop Wizard? 
Is it not the best kitchen tool in the entire world?? I have gone through 2 of these in the last 4 years and I cannot live without it! In my house we refer to it as "the chopper" and it does a great job of dicing up veggies REAL small in about 30 seconds.




Once your bacon is browned and your veggies are chopped, pour them all (along with the cheese...about 1/3 of a cup) into a big mixing bowl.


Pour the entire carton of egg whites over the mixture and mix it all together with a big spoon.

Next, grease your muffin tin and pour the egg mixture in (about 3/4 of the way full)


Bake the quiches (cringe) at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (or until they are a little brown on top)



When they're all done and smelling delicious, let them cool then use a knife to loosen up the edges and pull them out with a fork!

VOILA!


I was able to make about 18 of these little guys with the portions I just mentioned.

Let me know if you try them!

And while we're at it.....tell me what words you hate too! 

Until next time, friends:)

7 comments:

  1. They look great! But, tell me what on earth did you do with all the egg yolks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delish and pretty easy! I need to get one of those choppers (wedding registry!! haha). Looks yummy--can't wait to try this. I need something to mix into my hard boiled eggs during the week to change things up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lovelovelove quiche AND I lovelovelove my vidalia chopper (I'm useless at chopping onions without it). While quiche never made me cringe, the word "retarded" does. I volunteered for the Special Olympics growing up and it breaks my heart when people use the word as a filler for "dumb."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm these sound so good and such a good idea for a quick breakfast in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome! And i totally have that chopper and love it to death! We're still on our first one, though the clear plastic is a bit cracked... LOL i definitely want to make these, i need to change my breakfast routine up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to make something like this to freeze for a while now, so thanks for the recipe. I think I have to have at least a couple yolks in there though. I don't have that chopper, but it would be awesome to have. Though I don't think my husband would allow it in our kitchen. He's a freak about his knives and if I walked in with a chopper like that he'd probably have a heart attack [he's the master chef in our house]. Thanks for the recipe. I might have to pick up these ingredients next time I'm at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious!!

    You can throw the word "squat" in there with moist and panties *gag*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!