4.16.2013

Tears for My City and My Hometown

I don't have any words for what happened in my beloved city of Boston yesterday....just tears.



A classmate of mine from my hometown was one of the victims who was critically injured in yesterday's horrific events. Seeing gruesome images of someone you know over and over again on the news is enough to make you sick to your stomach as I'm sure you can imagine. 

I ask that all of you pray for Jeff, the courageous victim from my hometown of Chelmsford, MA as he recovers from losing both of his lower limbs.

In the wake of all this sadness I also ask that everyone stop and honor the brave individuals who risked their own safety to help others in Boston yesterday.

This is Carlos Arredondo, a man who was a spectator at the marathon yesterday. He was there supporting war veterans as they ran in honor of his late son who was killed in Iraq in 2004. 
Thanks to Carlos's quick reaction and running towards the explosion to help others, Jeff was given a chance. 

We need to thank God that there are people out there in the world like this man.


14 comments:

  1. So sorry that you friend was hurt! Trying my best to stay positive for all of these people who are heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely sad. I'm sorry to hear that someone you know was critically hurt by what happened in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I'm so sorry your friend was injured. Thankfully, no one I know was hurt. My friend who works at MGH couldn't believe the scene. Wishing a speedy recovery for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying after reading this. I actually knew some people up there also and thankfully they came out with no scars or injuries. I'm sending so many prayers to Boston to your friends and all!! If you have an address for him to receive cards I would LOVE to send him some words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a touching story!! His son may ave died a hero, but he is one as well!!! Glad your classmate s okay! Such a sick world we live in! Good to know there are still good people out there when you see how many people run t help others instead of protecting themselves! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for him and everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will say an extra prayer for him. So sorry for that pain on your hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, thoughts and prayers going out to him. Keep us updated on how he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon, thank you for sharing this! It definitely offers a new perspective when you hear about these individuals from someone who knows who they're talking about. My prayers are definitely with Boston and with the families who lost loved ones and the runners/spectators that lost limbs due to the explosion. My heart is breaking, every minute for Boston and those affected. Continuous prayers are being sent, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your friend, and for what happened to Boston. Know that your Southern peeps are praying just as hard as y'all are and I hope they catch the pathetic scumbag who did this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your friend! That is awful... I feel sad by this whole ordeal! I cannot even begin to imagine thoughts & feelings of those affected. Each & everyone of them are in my thoughts & prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  12. O Shannon I'm so so sorry to read about your friend. This is such a terrible thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers for your friend & everyone's family! Bless them & you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for your friend and all those affected in Boston. Such a sad and senseless act!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!