2.01.2013

New Beginnings...

So I woke up today with a strange feeling....an excited feeling but still a strange feeling.

Today is Friday...my favorite day of the work week and it also happens to be my last day working a typical 8-5 corporate job.

Last night before bed I was a bit nervous and uneasy about all the changes that are happening in my life.


Would I be able to obtain enough clients to stay afloat with my own business?

Would working for myself turn out to be something I hated?

Do I actually LIKE getting up every day with a routine and sitting in a cubicle for 9 hours 5 days a week?

(I can tell you now that last point is NOT true)


When I got to the office this morning I walked to my cubicle to see that my replacement had already turned the small, gray space into his work home.
He had a whole new set up with a new computer and it didn't feel like "my work home" any longer.

I walked by the receptionist's desk to get my coffee and said my usual "Good morning!" 
She replied back with "Good morning! I'm sorry to hear that today is your last day...we're really going to miss you. I heard why you're leaving though and I think it's great - such a great and happy reason to leave!"

Hearing that made me smile.

I'm doing something that I've thought about and dreamed about for the last few years....

....and it finally feels GOOD:)

Happy Friday, dolls.


17 comments:

  1. YAY for you! So happy for you! Rooting for you from here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOHOO! Congrats girlie! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Shannon! Can't wait to hear about the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for you today! I know its bittersweet, but enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you rock girl, I admire your brave-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! I wish I was as brave as you...one of these days it will be the right timing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great quote. :) enjoy your last day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Proud of you for taking this chance!! I can't wait to see all of your goodies from your business!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! I love working from home but sometimes I do miss the 9-5 office culture, it just isn't the same by yourself and you wish you had someone to complain or even just chat with when you need a break. I do thankfully have a central office where I keep a desk so I will force myself to go once a week or more and work from there and it is nice to be in the "office culture" somtimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Shannon!!! So happy for you! This is a big deal. Love that you have wanted to do this for so long and it's really happening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! I'm sure it's a bitter-sweet feeling though!! Good luck with your future career endevours! :) I'm proud of you for taking the leap to becoming a business owner, that can be so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That's a huge step. I hope everything goes well for you!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  14. so incredibly exciting. So happy for you, girl. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so brilliant to do something that makes YOU happy! i am happy for you! congrats!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck! I love this quote and I'm sure it's bittersweet but you have to follow your heart and take chances! Can't wait to hear about your new journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!