2.21.2013

A Revlon Beauty Haul

It's been a while since I've done a beauty post and today seemed like the right day.

During the blizzard NEMO we suffered through up here in the Northeast I spent a lot of my time watching beauty tutorials on my ipad. I was on the hunt for a good, inexpensive foundation and I thought Youtube would give me the answer.

Now don't get me wrong...I still LOVE me some glo minerals foundation, but $40 a bottle sounds whacked to your hubby when you're supposed to be saving money to buy a house (insert sad face)

I digress....

So a lot of these videos I watched were RAVING about Revlon 24 hour Colorstay foundation.

So what did I do you ask?

Took my ass to Target of course and got my hands on a bottle!!



And while I was there....what else did I throw in my basket you ask??





I'm not sure if this means I am brand loyal or my hubby should cut up my Target Red Card.....but alas I was ready to go home and try out my new products on my sans makeup face.

I applied the foundation with my trusty e.l.f. flat powder brush....


Ladies....I wouldn't lie to you....this makeup is FANTASTIC!!!!!!! All of it.
I'm someone who apparently touches their face a lot during the day so normally I have to touch up my makeup at least once in the afternoon. Not anymore with these magic products!!!

The Revlon 24 ColorStay foundation is smooth and has plenty of coverage.

The Photoready concealer is amazing at hiding my undereye circles.

The ColorStay suede lips may have surprised me the most. This stuff STAYS on!!! I looked in the mirror at the gym the other day and thought "wow...I still have lips!" I honestly threw this one in my basket because I thought the color was pretty and never thought it would actually stay on my lips for a full day but it does!

We all know how much I love the ColorStay powder. This baby has earned it's spot in my makeup bag and really combats my greasy t-zone.


Share your opinions! Have you tried this makeup before? Give me your thoughts!!

15 comments:

  1. I will have to try this ColorStay powder because I have an oily T-zone too and I am constantly touching up during the day. Did you have a hard time finding the right color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to try all of this stuff!! i love revlon products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that elf brush too it is awesome for foundation!!! I really like revlon color stay but it broke my out really badly :( I have sensitive skin though, I wish I didn't because it is such a great foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for something new, but do you think this is full coverage? and also does it make your skin oliy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh--- I'm glad you're loving this foundation! I've gone through a bottle and a half and some days it stays, some it doesn't. I try applying it with a sponge, a stipple brush, my hands, etc. I always set it with powder... but not the colorstay one. maybe that's the problem. hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Revlon's eye makeup but have never tried their face makeup! I'm just nervous about picking out the right color, but I would really love to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been meaning to pick up a foundation brush I always use my hands or a sponge...not working lol great products thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am loving revlon at the moment especially their nearly naked foundation and cream blushes :D
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love the Colorstay Foundation but I haven't tried the concealer or powder! I'm gonna get them next time I go to Target :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i used to use colorstay back in the day and have definitely thought of trying it when i run out of my current foundation. it made my skin look flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know and we can totally get to it :D

    http://lizziapple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oohhh i use that same flat top brush with my revlon color stay foundation too!!!! perfect pairing!!!

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to try those products! Good concealers are hard to find.
    Hope you had a great weekend!

    -Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to buy that lipstick this week! I love any kind of lipstick that actually stays out without me having to reapply 10 times a day! And side note: how do you draw those cute swirly arrows?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!