1.14.2013

Skinny Spinach & Tomato Dip

Happy Monday, Friends!
 
 
It's in the 50's in Boston today (which is UNHEARD of this time of year), the Pats beat the Texans yesterday and I'm in a great mood to top it all off:)
 
Today I'm going to share with you all a great recipe that I made yesterday.
 
My sis asked me to bring an appetizer over to her house to eat while we watched the game and I thought....hmmmm maybe I will make up my own recipe (since we all know how much I hate following recipes in books)
 
I racked my brain, headed to the grocery store and this is what I came up with....
 
 
Skinny Spinach & Tomato Dip!
 
Here's what you need to get started.....
 
 
1 lb Velveeta Cheese (reduced fat)
8 oz Cream Cheese (reduced fat)
A bag of frozen chopped spinach
1 large tomato
Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder
 
 
First you take the Velveeta and cut it into 1 inch cubes. Do the same for the cream cheese and throw them into a pot on the stove on low heat (to get the melting started.
 
 
 
Next...wash and dice up your tomato and add it to the cheesy mixture along with 2 cups of the chopped spinach.....
 
 
 
Keep stirring so the cheese doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot and burn!
Add a little bit of the salt. pepper and garlic powder for taste.
 
When all of the cheese has melted, transfer to a serving dish!
 
 
And VOILA - you're done!
Serve with your favorite chips.
 
This may have been the easiest dip I've ever made AND it was a big hit with the fam.
Oh...so you're probably also noticing that I changed my blog design again huh?
Did you really think I'd start 2013 off with the same layout?
 
Get real!
 
I pinned this color combo from Pinterest a while back and couldn't wait any longer to implement it on the good ol' blog.
 
 

 


So that's what I did:)

28 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and I didn't even know they had reduced fat velveeta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may ALSO put some cheese on the top of this and bake it. oh and add corn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously sounds SO delish, and yay for making it a little more healthy than other traditional types of dips! :)

    PS- I'm def happy the Pats won too. Since the Texans are who knocked us out of the playoffs, I def wanted them to go down!!!!111

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmm!! this seriously looks so good! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new design! That's an awesome color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good, I will have to try making it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks de-licious! And cute blog layout as well! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks absolutely delicious.
    I love that it's called skinny, and still has a pound of velveeta in it, even though it's reduced fat haha.
    But, let's be real...I'd eat it even if it was full fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I just made some of that dip last week for the Bachelor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the dip looks super yummy! & I always love your new bloggie designs!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look and the dip looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. pinning this recipe now so i can refer to it later! love the new color combo on the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks SO delicious! I think that will go on the superbowl food list :)

    No one changes their blog design more than you ;) but it's very refreshing. I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks so delicious i can barely handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dip looks amazing! I may just have to try it out for our superbowl party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. mhmm that looks soo good! Can't wait for Sunday I'll be thinking about you while I cheer for my Ravens :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your new design!

    And this dip looks so good! I am going to have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks so yummy. I'll have to try it. Looks great for watching a game.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That does look awesome! It might even been good with some colorful bell peppers thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds delicious. I wish I would have had this recipe for the football game we watched this past weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. found your blog through beautiful mess. i love me some spinach dip...but skinny spinach dip?!?!? totally trying this, ill feel less guilty ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!