1.08.2013

Monthly Beauty Product Review!

It's about that time!

Time to share with you all what I've been throwing in my basket at Walgreens and Target these days!

You know how that works, right?

You go to Target for a birthday card for your uncle and $78 later you have half the beauty aisle in your cart.

I KNOW I'm not alone on this one.

So here goes.....




So THIS one is a winner. I can't get ENOUGH of this Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Oil Gel.
Every day when I get out of the shower I put this stuff ALL over me and it makes my skin glisten, smell nice and feel softer than a baby's butt. I'm pretty sure my hubby is sick and tired of me saying "feel how soft my legs are" because I can't get over the softness! I'm pretty sure this was under $10 at Walgreens too - such a steal!

So it's no secret. My face gets pretty greasy....it's disgusting but let's admit it....it happens to the best of us.
I can't STAND when I have to reapply a powder or use oil blotting sheets several times a day. (there's nothing worse than going to the bathroom at work and seeing your greasy reflection in the mirror and realizing everyone must think you're a sweaty betty). So I tried out this Revlon ColorStay powder and let me tell you....it's GREAT!!!! I wouldn't lie. I put this on in the morning and I honestly don't have to apply again until the end of the day! You can pick this stuff up for less than $8 at your local drugstore!



First things first....who doesn't love the word towelette?
It's so much more feminine and dainty than towel. Can I get away with calling my bath towel a towelette at home? And Mike's can be a towel?

Anyhoo....for those of you who remember I was skeptical about these L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Tanning Towelettes at first. My friend Kate (HI KATE) had used a more expensive brand and said they were great so I threw some of these $9 imposters in my cart and man I'm glad I did!! They work great are SO easy to use and the smell isn't bad at all! I usually use one towel a week but use a second if it's a special occasion. All in all I'm really happy with this purchase!



So what are you throwing in your cart at the drugstore this month?
Anything I should try?

17 comments:

  1. Gonna have to try out that cocoa oil. I've been so ashy! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post! I am most definitely going to have to pick up all three items! My skin had been so unbelievably dry this winter but who doesn't just love extra soft skin all the time?!?!


    Lots of Love,

    The NB
    http://nuttybrunettelove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Target is my happy place, but it's dangerous in there!

    I also have the greaseball problem, so I'll have to check out that Revlon Color Stay powder, thanks for the great review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to try the oil! I need to put more moisture into my skin, especially in the winter! And I've never tried the revlon colorstay powder either! Whne I run out of my newer face powders, I'll try that one next! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. Now I have to try all of these. Added to the shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds!! Never new Loreal makes tan towels??!!! Totally going to try those! Thanks for sharing:) Have a great day:)

    www.McKennaBleu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a saint! Just this morning I was stressing about finding a new sunless tanning option and voila here is this post! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've used that vaseline too and loved it. I love the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might have to give the first and third products a shot!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always looking for new powders, I'll definitely give Revlon a try when I'm looking next time. I battle grease all the time, too! And with those wipes, do you notice any type of smell? I swear, the way whatever the sunless tanning chemical is and my skin chemistry makes the weirdest smell, I hate it! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Oil Gel is amazing!! I use it everyday. I cannot get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review, looks like Im heading to Target soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tip on the Revlon powder. I will have to try this!
    Newest follower......
    I hope you will check out my blog when you get a chance, too :)
    XO
    Jessy
    www.FourSeasonsStyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So update....I went to my local drugstore last night and picked up the Vaseline Body Gel Oil AND the Revlon Powder and OH.EM.GEE. GIIIIIRL! You hit the head on the nail with these two! That body gel oil let my skin softer than a baby's behind!!!! And it smells SO good!! I really love the powder too. I tried it last night but haven't worn it all day yet! Thanks again for the post!

    Lots of Love,

    The NB
    http://nuttybrunettelove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I'm going to have to try out the Vaseline Body Gel Oil and the Towelettes. My cousin said she used the towelettes and I was skeptical, but if you said they're good, too, I might as well try them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been so good so far this year, but clearly it's time for a Target shop and splurge! Who can resist all those pretty polishes and suede wedges?! Can't wait to try the oil and the towelette-lette-lettes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I blogged about that same oil a week or 2 ago. I love it! So cheap and works so great on dry skin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!