11.28.2012

I'm Crazy and Chicken Meatballs



So...

Are you ready to have me institutionalized yet?

YES...I changed my blog design again.

Don't hate me....just embrace it.

My friend Faye was just telling me the other day that she can't keep up with all the changes I've been making around my blog (HI FEF!!)

Well this one......ME LIKEY!!!!!

I'm keeping it for a while.....so you can start getting attached.


Moving right along.....I have a great recipe for you all today!





So a few months ago I was at my friend Kate's house for dinner (Hi Kate!!) and she whipped up some delicious turkey meatballs for us.

Well....I got to thinking.....
"how would these taste with ground chicken??"

And I was right....THEY ARE JUST AS FANTASTIC!


Here's what you need....

1 lb. ground chicken breast
1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of milk
1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
A teaspoon of garlic salt
Salt and pepper to taste


Here are the steps...

1. Combine everything listed above EXCEPT the olive oil into a bowl



2. Get right in there and mix it up nice and good with your hands!




3. Grab small handfuls of the chicken mixture and roll into balls


4. Heat the 2 tbs of oil in a skillet and drop the balls in (yes I said drop the balls)


5. Once the meatballs have browned, add your favorite pasta sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes.

6. Cook some spaghetti (or whatever pasta you'd like) and pour the meatballs and sauce over the pasta!




YUM!!
These meatballs are fantastic. 
If you try them out leave me a comment and let me know how you liked them!

Bon Appetit!


16 comments:

  1. I LOVE your layout! It reminds me of Cinderella :)

    I don't eat any red meat, so I'm totally going to try your chicken meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks DELICIOUS!!! love the new layout - I noticed it yesterday & love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blog design, and that recipe looks YUMMY! I'm gonna have to add this to my ever-growing list of recipes to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new design!!! I am always tweaking stuff on my blog too, because I don't COMPLETELY know what I'm doing haha, so it's trial and error on my part ;)

    That looks/sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i made chicken meatloaf the other nite with ground chicken. it's so versatile, so i can't wait to try these meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! haha you are addicted to changing your blog design....its ok, I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lov the new design. I wish I was talented like that. And thos meatballs look so amazing I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new design! Those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the new design, of course i'm a fellow changer-upper alll the time of my blog as well :)

    those meatballs look good... i have a hard time moving away from beef ones so i may actually try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New design is gorgeous, just like you! Your wedding pictures turned out amazing by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM!!! these look great! the new design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delish! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look delightful! Cute blog!Definately have to try SOON!

    www.simply-summer.com
    Stop by if you have a minute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just made these, but used fresh garlic and fresh basil, and they turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!