11.21.2012

Happy Thanksgiving Eve and Oh How Pinteresting!



Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Photobucket


Today is one of those days that makes me feel old.
Usually on Thanksgiving Eve, my friends and I could be found slugging back 12 oz drafts at the local dive bar, playing rock paper scissors to pick our designated driver and passing out in our beds at our childhood homes until the sweet aroma of turkey wakes us up the next morning.


But we're in our late twenties now...and unsure if this is still acceptable.


Actually....my childhood bedroom has been turned into a fancy guest room and my dad will have the front door locked at approximately 8pm tonight so I KNOW this isn't going to happen the way it used to!

So I think it's time to officially pass the torch on to the younger generation....and let them make their own sloppy Thanksgiving eve memories while my friends and I move on to a new era.....

....a new era of sipping wine and eating appetizers in the comfort of someone's home....

Sounds better than being elbow to elbow with people from your childhood in a crowded bar and drinking drafts out of plastic cups....am I right?


Who knows....maybe after a couple glasses of said wine we will be back at the bar like the good old glory days:)


Moving right along to Oh How Pinteresting Wednesdays!


























Have a wonderful Turkey Day, Lovelies!!

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I think it's totally ok to pass the torch on this tradition.
    Love all of the quotes you posted, too.
    Happy early Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, the good ole days.

    have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, we are sooo old! My girls and I have a wine and appetizer night now instead. Definitely better than seeing old exes at the bar!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah that Ecard is too funny! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that manicure!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kid driving his toy car with the tree on top!?!? AMAZING! :) How cute of a Christmas card would that be??

    I'm determined to get my nails to look like that at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I miss the days of Thanksgiving Eve spent at the bar in my childhood town and if I was going home that is exactly where I would be :) Acceptable or not!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say head to the bar like the good old days, you're never too old for it!!!

    And I pinned that little tyke and his tree. I just about died when I saw it haha

    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nails! What a good color combo for the holidays :) And that kid with the tree on top of the car, I die! How cute?!?!

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving eve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im all for the era of wine and appetizers in the comfort of someone's home! :)

    LOVE Lauren Conrad's hair. Maybe I can accomplish that look someday!

    Ecard...haha too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE those jars with the lights in them, I've seen them on Pinterest. I need to recreate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL AT THE DONKEY QUOTE!

    "....a new era of sipping wine and eating appetizers in the comfort of someone's home...."
    Hell to the YES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. by all means please pass me the torch I am in need a of a strong drink!! (aka drinks)! I would go out but I have an early drive home tomorrow :( I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving shannon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that desk and the green and gold manicure! I will be doing my nails like that for a football game (my school colors are green and gold).

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg, how cute is the little boy driving the little tikes car with the tree on top - love it!! loving that first manicure as well, so festive! If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest post. xo

    fashionable footprints

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by from OHP...love all of your pins! I must try the gold and green nails. And the little boy with the baby Christmas tree...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha, love your thanksgiving eve reminiscing! ;) and how stinkin' cute it that litte guy with the tree on his cozy coupe. omg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to LOVE going out the night before Thanksgiving. Biggest night out of the year. Now I don't think I could hang. Haha. Happy Holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!