11.09.2012

A Love Story...Circa 2003



So last night I was driving to meet with a client and I was thinking about how tomorrow will mark 9 years that Mike and I have (officially) been together.

As I was reminiscing to myself....I caught something the DJ on my local radio station said....

"And here's a quick flashback to 2003....with a little Gavin Degraw for you folks tonight..."

I cranked up the radio and smiled to myself at the thought of Mike and I in 2003 and how this exact song had so much meaning...



Mike and I started hanging out in the summer of 2003.
I had a boyfriend at the time who was a year older and off to college in the fall. 
Mike and I used to communicate secretly with each other through music....

I would make him a CD full of songs that had meaningful lyrics and he would return the favor a few days later.

On the 4th of July that summer I gave Mike a CD that had Gavin Degraw's "Follow Through" on it after we watched some fireworks with friends.

That night I rushed home and went on AOL Instant Messenger (as all the cool kids did back in 2003).

I thought it would be cute to add the lyrics "This is the start of something good...don't you agree?" to my AIM profile......

A few minutes later I checked Mike's AIM profile and he had written "you're so hypnotic on my heart" with a wink face ;)

I was hooked.....and couldn't wait to make my next mix CD for my new found love:)

Happy 9 Years to my Secret CD buddy and Husband....
I love you!










16 comments:

  1. I never knew about this secret cd! Is that why you would rush home and kick me off AOL while I was chatting with all my wicked cool friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I loved AOL!! Great post! Super sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest thing ever. Ahh...the days of AIM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh aim profiles... soooo fun!!!

    this is adorable :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that's so cute!!! :) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is soooo sweet!! And how funny i have officially been with my husband for 8 years! we started dating november of 2004!! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!

    lifesadanceyoulearnasyougos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute :) happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes AOL! makes me laugh! Congrats on 9 years together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute couple. Congratulations on the 9 years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is so adorable! happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to come find your post - Love it! We'd always put secret little messages to each other in our profiles, too! We were obviously really cool back then. :) Love your story! You guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!