9.13.2012

Beauty Shopping on a Budget!


We all love expensive, brand name beauty products.....am I right?? Well....at least I do! 

I love getting my paws on a $40 bottle of foundation and an $18 tube of gloss from department stores and high-end beauty shops.....but lezbihonest........my wallet (and my husband) HATE me for it!!!

So what do I do when I need to replenish my beauty supply and don't want to throw down too many bones?(yes I just said bones)

I hit up the local Walgreens or CVS and fill up my basket!!


1. Almay Eye Makeup Remover - I use the oily ones...and have been addicted to these little remover pads for about 10 years!!

2. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - My momma always used to use this mascara when I was a kid...I always recognize that pink and green tube:) When I got my makeup done for my wedding day the makeup artist brought this with her because she swears by it too! Gives me amazing lashies:)

3. Milani Eyeliner - This is a staple in my makeup bag! I love how easily it glides onto my peepers!

4. Cover Girl Aqua Smooth Foundation - I love my $40 glo professional foundation but when I'm pinching my pennies I love to get my hands on this Cover Girl foundation! It goes on SO smooth and is only $9.99!

5. Sinful Colors Nail Polish - I love love love this nail polish! It's only $1.99 and they have SO many great colors!

6. Cetaphil Lotion - I use this stuff every single night! I use it on my face, neck....well in all seriousness I put it everywhere. It's gentle and it makes my skin soft.

7. Almay Intense I-Color Eyeshadow - Whenever I think I'm going to stray and buy a new eyeshadow color at the Drugstore it never fails...I always find myself going back to the Almay Intense I-Color sets....they are great and you can get one to specifically match your eye color!

8. Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm - Remember this post here when I told you all about these amazing lip balms? Well guess what? I'm still addicted.

9. Cover Girl Smoothers Concealer - I love this stuff and buy these guys 2 at a time when I can. We all need a little concealer now and again:) This works great on my under-eye circles too!

10. Physicians Formula Bronzer - Who hasn't tried this bronzer before? I think I've used this on and off for about 10 years! Every time I stray and try a new bronzer I always end up running back to Physician's Formula.

11. Herbal Essences Shampoo & Conditioner - You can find the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner in my shower right now! I love the smell and love the way it makes my hair feel!


What are YOUR favorite drugstore buys?? 
Share them with me!

9 comments:

  1. I used to shell out big bucks for expensive shampoo and conditioner but since Herbal Essence redid their line a few years ago that's all I use!!! LOVE the way it smells and how it makes my hair so silky and smooth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great finds. I'm probably one of the few people who haven't used that bronzer. I think all the colors together scared me and I didnt know how it would work haha. Maybe Ill give it a try instead of my Mary Kay bronzer. I'm also gonna get those Almay makeup remover pads. I need more of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried anything from the Milani line yet but I think I might have to pick up that eyeliner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to try this foundation and bronzer! Thank you for the recommendations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use 5 of those items everyday :) and I can't LIVE without that eyeliner - I keep 2 extra on hand just in case I lose one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! New follower here.

    The herbal essences products are amazing. I use the conditioner and it's awesome!

    I've always wondered about the bronzer. I think I'll buy some.

    Thanks for the recommendations!

    xo
    SEL
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried Elf products? They are my latest obsession! So far I have been extremely pleased, and the products are $1, $3 and like $6!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love and actually look forward to spending my lunch hour at Walgreens sometimes. That Sinful colors polish is AWESOME! I have soo many of them and they are so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post girlie! I only recently started getting into drugstore brands - I really love revlon and maybelline! Anywhoo - I am actually planning on filming a top 10 drugstore products video this weekend! :) I need to try that lipbalm!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!