8.16.2012

Our Honeymoon Part 5: Hilo!

Happy Thursday, Lovelies!

We're moving right along today with our honeymoon recap!

Pack your bags.....today we're going to the BIG ISLAND of Hawaii....
more specifically.....HILO!


Here's a fun fact for you....Hilo has a tropical rain forest climate and is actually the 3rd "wettest" city in the U.S. On average....over 200 days in the year have rainfall! Can you imagine that?

Hilo certainly felt like the rain forest! It was beautiful and exciting. While we were there we toured a coffee mill, hiked Volcano National Park, saw some active volcanoes, visited a gourmet candy shop and an art gallery and walked through a "lava tube." Hilo is also home to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation....this is where I tried and fell in love with my first "chocolate covered macadamia nut!"

Okay are you ready?

Let's let the pictures do the talking now!!























Lastly....if you didn't get a chance to link up for the "What's on Your Bucket List?" link up....you still can!!! The link up is open until next Tuesday so write your lists and link up!!!


Page: Twenty-Two

11 comments:

  1. looks like a great time girl! love the fedora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Jellie! I want to go to Hawaii so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so awesome! Not to mention, you look great in your cute fedora hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pictures!!! How long did you spend in each location while on your honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go to Hawaii - and I'd like to borrow your fedora, but I don't think I could pull it off like you! I always look ridiculous in hats :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilo is so pretty! The hubs and I want to go back to Kauai asap but I said we have to make a stop in Hilo this time for the volcano's! Also, great link up. I'm sure I'll be joining next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures again! You know you aren't allowed to look that cute in a tropical rainforest right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous!! Definitely now following, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous, so jealous, but in a good way.

    LOVE the rainforest atmosphere!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    How fun! We were just visiting the big island too recently! I have pics to in the volcano cave and by the volcanic activity! It is so much fun in Hawaii! Thanks for sharing your pics!

    TTYS

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!