7.03.2012

Guest Post By The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA!

Hey Y'all! My name is Lauran and I blog over at The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA! I am so thrilled to be guest posting as our dear gal Shannon is off getting hitched!! I wish her all the best and hope her marriage is filled with more love than her heart can hold!!!

I recently just celebrated my One Year Anniversary with my sweet hubby! We were married on June 11, 2011 on what was possibly the hottest day of the month! The day had it's ups and downs as any wedding will have! However, looking back on it, past the over heated groom, the thunderstorm, and some hurt feelings, it was all totally worth it!!!

We had a shabby chic wedding! You know the look, it's all the rage right now! Chalkboards, Milk Glass, Mason Jars, Pearls and Lace! It was a vintage lover's dream! My wedding stylist and florist did a fabulous job at setting up and placing everything perfectly! The wedding was held at my childhood home, sits on seven acres of land and there is a pond in the front yard! It is incredibly lush and green during June and I've always known, since I was a wee one, that I would be married in that front yard!

A little secret, we never had an actual BUDGET for the wedding! My mom and I are pretty thrifty and knew we would be able to find what we wanted we just had to search! We rented a tent after researching about 4 different companies in the area and we went with the least expensive! They offered the same size tents as the others but were half the price! Our tables, chairs, and table linens were borrowed from my mother's church as well as the plates and silverware - ALL for free! We did have to rent extra chairs, extra plates, and the light pink linen napkins but it wasn't nearly as pricey as if we had needed to rent EVERYTHING! I found my dream dress at David's Bridal! Some folks think its the "Wal Mart" of bridal salons, and while it may be, I had it in my mind that I would start at the least expensive salon. If I couldn't find my dress there I would continue on to the next salon. Lucky for me I found my dress at David's on the first visit and it was a total Say Yes to the Dress moment! With tears and butterflies to boot! All of the vintage furniture was found in my Pappa's hoarding spots! {You can head over to my blog to read more on that}. We didn't have to spend a single penny on the furniture or little treasures, except for some unique colored glass bottles and votive candles!

I spent a TON of time at craft stores like Micheal's and AC Moore AND we even utilized the Dollar Store. For instance, the white vases in the center of each guests table?! They were a buck each! We just painted them a glossy white to look like milk glass! I utilized Office Max for the printing of our thank you cards to each guest and fan programs which we all spent an afternoon cutting, gluing, and putting  together! Our favors were Homemade Ice Cream Treats, in Mason Jars. I found the jars at Big Lots for about $8.00 for a case of 12 and wiped out the shelves in less than 10 minutes!

Our wedding still ended up being a pretty penny when you calculate EVERYTHING, food, flowers, photographer, DJ, suits, dresses, shoes, gifts, honeymoon, etc. but I can't even imagine how much more it would have been if we hadn't worked hard at finding a bargain! We just made sure to be smart about the purchases of what we needed and worked out beautifully! My wedding may not be every girl's dream but it was my dream and I couldn't have imagined it any other way!!























Vendors Showcased in this post:
Cake: CakeMaker ~ Alicia Patterson
Wedding Stylist: Style By Design
Videographer: LNRpro
Wedding Gown: David's Bridal
Bridesmaid Dresses: Maya Couture ~ Alfred Sung of The Dessy Group
Groomsmen suits: Maya Couture 
Groomsmen ties: The Dessy Group
Photographer: Dana Duncan Photography

My advice is to look around for the best price and deal NO MATTER what look you are going for! Don't be afraid to get creative either! That creativeness is what adds the little significant touches to your day!!

I hope you all have had a wonderful day!! And thank you again to Shannon for allowing me to share my day with all of her readers!!! Hope to see yall over on my blog sometime! Don't be afraid to visit!!

XoXo,

1 comment:

  1. I love Lauran!! Your pictures are gorgeous! I'm hoping that I can be that thrifty too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!