6.13.2012

A Terrible Pattern.....That Needs to be Broken!

So the last few months there has been a pattern....

On the day of my bridal shower it rained...hard - we had to carry all of our gifts out of the venue and into our house as it down poured on us. All of the boxes got soaking wet and we were literally drenched.

On the day of my bachelorette party it rained....even harder. We used the word "monsoon" to describe the weather that day. Not only did it rain....it rained sideways and it was only in the high 50's....in June.....we were literally drenched.

So today I woke up - fingers crossed - because the 10 day weather forecast showing my wedding day would be appearing on my phone this morning.....I shut my eyes as the app loaded saying "please please please, third time's the charm" quietly to myself. And this is what I saw.....


60 % chance of rain and scattered thunderstorms.....with humidity. That will make my hair look pretty.
I know what people say....rain on your wedding day is good luck.....but I'm not buying it. I think that's something that people tell brides to keep them from crying. Even worse....my wedding ceremony is supposed to be outside.

So I think we still have time to all start praying and crossing our fingers for a beautiful day. The weather men are wrong about 50% of the time right?? So do me a favor....if you are reading this right now cross your fingers and say a little prayer for a bright sunny day on June 22nd!

Thanks Friends:)

16 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, girl!! I know how upsetting that would be (I wouldn't want it). Sending dry, humidity-free thoughts your way!!!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/251216485434678129/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! If it makes you feel any better, my wedding day forecast was pretty similiar (just about 10 degrees hotter) and there was a quick shower in the morning and a shower between the ceremony and reception and that was it! Praying for blue skies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! I'll keep my fingers crossed the rain stays away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you sun shiny thoughts and prayers!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll send prayers and good vibes your way! Does your place have a backup plan just incase it does rain?? My friends wedding was outside, in Feb., and it was a 80% chance of rain all day. The sky was grey, but it NEVER rained a drop :) Meterologist are usually wrong. No matter what, you're wedding will be perfect. Maybe get a cute (monogrammed) umbrella just in case you need to break it out.

    Actually, I might steal that idea. I live in Florida, where it rains every day in the summer. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww I am so sorry that the weather has been like that on all of your wedding events!! HOPEFULLY that means that your actual wedding day will be in BEAUTIFUL weather! Fingers crossed, saying a little prayer for you! :] Everything will work out pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers your way! :)

    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. :( hope the weather man is wrong and you have clear skies and no humidity! It rained on my best friends wedding, but thankfully they had backup plans because most of the day was suppose to be outside. I know its easier said when someone is not in your position, but in the end you are marrying the man of your dreams that day! :) Fingers crossed for beautiful weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw fingers crossed lady! The pre-wedding day weather report is torture! As soon as I could do the 14 day trend I was on there every day and honestly it changed just as often. I was blessed with a gorgeous day and I hope you will too! If not, keep in mind it's not the end of the world. Buy a cool looking umbrella (I had a bright red one just in case)and get some awesome shots in the rain. I've seen some that look absolutely amazing! It may not be good luck, but it's not bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for a beautiful day, but they do say rain on a wedding day is good luck! If it helps at all, my wedding was in October, the week before it was a solid like 70 degrees...the day of our wedding it was 50...the coldest day of the year until it hit December! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it would be pretty freakin' awesome if it started down pouring on me during my ceremony. No joke I halfway hope it happens. But I will keep my toes crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweet gal! It rained on all my events too... Even our outdoor wedding! Buuuut our day was perfect as yours will be!! Rain is very much good luck so don't stress it too much :) everything will be beautiful!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope that the rain holds back at least until later in the night! I hate having to go places in the rain. Hoping for sunny skies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They were predicting rain on my wedding say too (my bridesmaids had even bought green and blue umbrellas for us), but it turne out to be the most perfect day!

    Sending warm, sunshine-filled, and low-humidity thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The weather the whole month before my wedding was dark and cloudy, but the morning of my wedding was the first time the sun came out all summer! I hope the same happens for your wedding =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!