6.26.2012

Guest Post By Pretty Physicist!

Hi Shannon's readers! While she is selfishly taking time away from her blog to get married and honeymoon (just kidding!), she asked for guest posters and I volunteered!

My name is Jess and I blog over at PrettyPhysicist. I am 27 (almost 28) and married to my Prince Charming since March 31, 2007. 5+ years of marriage. It hasn't always been easy, but it's always been worth it.


He is my best friend and the love of my life. I can't imagine my life without him.
My parents before we went down the aisle. I'm daddy's little girl (and my parents' only daughter).
I got tired of having my picture taken, so I gave up and sat in one of the pews ... where the photographer took about 20 more pictures.
Lighting the unity candle (we re-created it after the wedding). In the first picture that was taken, I have a look on my face like "Please don't let me burn down the church, please don't let me burn down the church"
Our first dance. I just couldn't believe we were actually married!


We didn't do any cake smashing, but this was ALL the cake that I got. :( Sad, because it was very good. I recommend making sure that you get plenty to eat.
Walking through the park with our wedding party for more pictures. It was a gorgeous day, but my heels were sinking in the ground.

My favorite part of our wedding has to be one of the sweetest things my husband has ever done. I'm a crier - especially at weddings, and especially at my own. When the pastor turned around to bless the rings, my husband reached over and wiped the tears out of my eyes. Just that little gesture during the ceremony reminded me that he would always be there for me, to wipe away my tears and take care of me.


For our honeymoon, we went to Orlando, Florida. It was my first time in Florida, so we went to EPCOT, which I loved. We also went to the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral ... which (as two science nerds) was probably our favorite part. We don't have many pictures of our honeymoon (and sadly no pictures of the two of us).  It was just so nice to relax and have it be JUST US for a week! Since our honeymoon, we've gone back to Florida 4 times on vacation.

A few things I wished someone had told me before the wedding:
  • Eat something. Every chance you get, eat something. I was STARVING by the end of the night.
  • Recognize that not everything is going to go the way you planned it. The sooner you realize that, the more relaxed you'll be on your wedding day and the more you can enjoy it.
  • Have a back-up plan for pictures in case of rain. We were lucky that it didn't rain on our wedding day, but we didn't have a back up site for outdoor pictures (or pictures anywhere other than the church).
  • Wear makeup that will last. I cried so much during the ceremony, that I had no makeup AT ALL on anymore.

My advice for Shannon: No one has the perfect marriage, no matter what we all say. Nobody is perfect. However, your marriage can be perfect FOR YOU and your husband can be perfect FOR YOU. You are the only two in your marriage, so don't let anyone else's thoughts or opinions affect your marriage. You do what is right for you.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I also went to FL for our honeymoon. I don't fly (never have) so we went somewhere within driving distance. Destin, FL it was! We also don't have many honeymoon pictures, but enjoyed just relaxing the entire time just the two of us! :) Oh and I also cried through most of our wedding ceremony. Definitely happy tears and "I cant believe this is FINALLY happening" tears!! Waterproof everything worked for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!