6.20.2012

Guest Post By Paging Doctor Grace!

Hi! I'm Emily, and I blog over at Paging Dr. Grace! I started my blog back in February of 2010 as a way to stay connected with family and friends when my dad had open heart surgery. Since then, my blog has transformed into more of a journal of my life with my hubby, running, food, travel, and DIY endeavors. I'd love for you stop by sometime!

I'm so excited to be guest posting today and sharing details of my honeymoon! My hubby, TJ, and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary on June 13, so I guess I'm not even a newlywed anymore! {Just wiser, right?!!}

We had a fairly traditional wedding with a New Orleans twist {I went to Tulane in NOLA for undergrad, so I love anything New Orleans and fleur de lis!}. You can read all about our engagement, engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, pre-wedding, ceremony, reception, and details, but today I want to talk about all things honeymoon!

My new hubby and I were sooo ready for a week of bliss after our whirlwind wedding weekend. We opted to wait until the Monday morning after our wedding to leave, and I highly, highly recommend doing this yourself! It was so nice to have Sunday to relax, have brunch with our family and friends, open our wedding gifts, and just have our first night at home before jetting off for vacation. {We didn't live together before we got married, so Sunday night was my first night in our new home! I moved into TJ's house...no more bachelor pad!}

Monday morning was an early one...


But it was all worth it because later that day, we were in heaven!


We stayed at the Riu Santa Fe in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and it was awesome! It's an all-inclusive resort with great food, awesome pools, swim up bars, and only a 10 minute cab ride to downtown!


We splurged a bit, and spent the extra $$$ on a room with a rooftop jacuzzi with awesome views of the pool and ocean. It was definitely worth it!




We walked about a mile down to the marina one day for lunch...



Of course spent a lot of time lounging in the pool...



 Enjoyed the nightlife a bit...both at the resort {free drinks!}...



And at Cabo Wabo {Sammy Hagar's bar and restaurant in Cabo...so much fun!}...



 We ziplined over what I call "mountainous desert"...




 Did a little day-drinking...


Got a couple's massage by the ocean...


 Went on a sunset cruise...



Soaked up every last bit of vacation we could...




But unfortunately, the week went waaaay too fast {as it always does!}


We can't wait to go back to Cabo one of these days for an anniversary trip! It was so much fun!

~~~~~

Thank you, Shannon, for letting me crash your blog today with a million pictures! My advice to you as you enter the world of marriage is that you listen and communicate with your hubby. If something is bothering you, say it, don't keep things to yourself. Also, choose your battles. It used to make me so mad when my hubby would put his dirty clothes right next to the hamper, but now I just shrug it off. A sock on the floor is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. People always say that marriage takes work -- and it does -- but it is so worth it. The last 3 years have been the best, simply because I have my best friend and love of my life next to me through it all!

Congratulations!

xo, emily

5 comments:

  1. GET OUT OF HERE!!!! That is EXACTLY where we went for our honeymoon!!! Same resort and all!!!! Tooooo funny!!! Thanks for sharing your experience!!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing amazing honey moon! I think it's sweet you got to spend your FIRST night together as husband and wife in 'your' house!

    Great post!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been on a plane before bc well Im terrified, but pictures like that make me want to get over my fear and visit amazing places!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing honeymoon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!