6.21.2012

Guest Post By A Charmed Life!


Hi ladies! I'm Jill- and normally you can find me over at A Charmed Life, blogging about fashion, fitness, home decor and more :) I am so excited to be guest posting on Shannon's fabulous blog today as she prepares for her big day!

***

Since Shannon's blog talks all things wedding, I thought I would share one of my favorite parts of my wedding weekend - my Rehearsal Dinner! 

After the most insanely wonderful, emotionally stressful, never ending, incredibly fun and ultimately truly rewarding year of wedding planning, I could hardly believe it when our Rehearsal Dinner was finally upon us on August 5, 2011. The dinner was such a wonderful celebration with our loved ones and the perfect way to spend my last night as a single lady :)



When planning for our Rehearsal Dinner, it was important to my future hubby and I to include not only our bridal party, but also our extended families, as we wanted to share this special dinner with all our loved ones. That meant we needed to find a venue that could accommodate our sixty person guest list. 

Luckily, as soon a we came across 41 North, located in Newport, Rhode Island- the same place we would say our vows the next day- we knew we had found the perfect location. A gorgeous boutique Hotel in the heart of the harbor, 41 North's delicious restaurant had the perfect sized private dining patio with a picturesque view overlooking the ocean. Ummm... put a fork in me, because I was DONE. 

Here is a closer look at our RD venue: 





I am so happy that we decided to go with a U-shaped table for our dinner. It not only made it easy to chat and connect with all out guests, but it also helped make it feel like that cozy, Friday night family dinner we wanted. I also adore the modern and sleek white decor of the dining area combined with simple blue hydrangea arrangements. 


To ensure our Rehearsal Dinner was a memorable evening for our guests, we made sure to add in a few personal touches and festive details :)

{Menu Cards}
I worked with the talented ladies over at Momental Design, who made all the stationary for our big day, to create special hand-painted menu cards for the Rehearsal Dinner.  I wanted something fun and festive that corresponded to the nautical theme of Newport and incorporated our wedding colors: navy and pink. 


{Custom Koozies}
Okay, so this might not be the classiest of all party favors, but I totally love our custom ordered koozies. Let's just say our friends enjoy their fair share of adult beverages, so I knew these koozies would get a lottttt of use. 


 {Cocktail Napkins & Drink Stirrers}


The hands down most important part of the Rehearsal Dinner was of course:
OUR GUESTS! 
It wouldn't have been the joyful celebration it was without each and every one of our amazing friends, family and loved ones.  We are so grateful to them all for playing such an important part of our big day. 
(my sweet family)
(love you to death, mama)

(my beautiful bridesmaids)


And last, but certainly not least, the Rehearsal Dinner gave the future hubby and I the chance to snap a few last minute pics together before officially becoming Mr & Mrs and savor the incredibly special moment :)



***

Thank you for letting me share my Rehearsal Dinner with you; I hope you enjoyed reading about all the details of our big-night-before-the-big day :) I hope you all pop over to my blog and say hello to me real soon!


Shannon, I wish you a perfect rehearsal dinner and an absolute DREAM of a wedding day!
We can't wait to see the pictures!!



5 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures lady! Looks like you had a great time. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! your pictures with your husband from the rehearsal dinner are incredible!! (and I love that dress!!) please tell me you have those blown up somewhere in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies :) and thank you for having me, shannon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! My daughter went to school in Newport. Great place to get married!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a brilliant post you have shared. I just loved decoration part of your dinner party. The U- shaped table is looking unique and beautiful too. Well Now I will use this idea of decoration in my event at NYC wedding venues. I am sure everyone gonna love that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!