5.23.2012

If You Think You Have the Best Friends in the World...

If you think you have the best friends in the world....chances are you're wrong....

BECAUSE I DO

Yesterday I was having a rough day. I was suffering from a 3-day stress headache, it was raining, my day kept going downhill at work and my body just felt too tired to even keep my eyes open. I was pretty much sulking at my desk all morning with my head in my hand dreaming about popping a couple Excedrin migraines....it was quite the little pity party!

When 12:00 hit I jumped in my car and headed home for lunch. When I pulled up I saw a box on my front step that looked a little something like this....


I LOVE surprises and usually it is very hard to surprise me! I had no clue what this could be! I knew who it was from though....because I recognized the handwriting....

It was from this lady....


Faye (aka Fef) and I have been BFFS since we were 4 years old. When we were kids we loved hanging out and watching Boy Meets World together (if you didn't watch Boy Meets World we can't be friends and you should probably stop reading this right now). Fef is the Cory to my Shawn....literally! She calls me Shawnie and I call her Cory - its great, right??



So I open this mysterious box and this is what I find inside.....



Do you believe this? The card read "Suggested relaxation for brides who have 1 month until their wedding....a 60 minute Swedish massage and watching Boy Meets World"

Is she not the best? Seriously? I cried as I was reading it....So much stress and so many emotions these days (I also cried 6 different times while watching the Glee finale last night - what is wrong with me and WHAT THE HECK am I going to do on my wedding day if cards and TV shows are making me cry??)

So I'm sorry if you are now realizing that your friends are just sub par (just kidding....not really) because this is probably the sweetest most unexpected gift I've received in a very long time! I can't wait to get my massage this weekend and watch Cory, Shawn & Topanga's antics as I relieve my wedding-planning stress:)

Love ya, Cory!!! Thank you!!! xxxooo
Love, Shawnie













21 comments:

  1. What a good bestie!! Even that box is cute!!
    Relax girlfriend! I'm sure your wedding will be amazing!
    and Glee had my balling my eyes out as well, so you are not alone!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw that is so sweet of your friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i LOVEEEE this :) BMW is the best show EVER and i still watch all the episodes :) enjoy your lovely spa day and watching all the fabulous episodes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that is so sweet! Love it. Such a great photos. I LOVE BMW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet best friend :) Enjoy your massage!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so sweet! enjoy your massage!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is definitely one amazing friend you have!!!! Hope you enjoy your massage and relaxation!!!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, what a great friend! I had a massage for the first time at the beginning of the month and it was HEAVEN! It's truly great to know you have such a great friend who cares so much about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw this is so cute! What a great friend. I LOVE Boy Meets World. I have a feeling I'll break down during my entire wedding someday too. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely one of my top ten favorite shows from my childhood. What a sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so fun! What a sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww what a sweet friend you have! It's good to have best friends like that, especially on your bad days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! i love everything about this post. it is so wonderful you are still friends after all those years! that is such a fabulous thing! and i LOVE boy meets world, so we can still be friends haha! such an adorable, thoughtful gift. you're very lucky to have her!

    im having a accessories giveaway on my blog, def check it out if you havent yet!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! What a great friend :) You guys should have a boy meets world marathon together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet of her! What a great way to get rid of some stress. For real, Boy Meets World is THE best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is seriously, so so sweet :) what a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww what an amazing friend!! You're so lucky to have people like that in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is super sweet of your bff!!! And yes, near the end I was starting to worry about what kind of friends I have (totally kidding!)

    Love Boy Meets World and the fact that she is the Cory to your Shawn hahah so cute. I use the line "you lied to Topanga" A LOT.

    Hope your having a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have some BMW jokes with my friends - so found this especially hilarious. What a great friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!