5.14.2012

Digging Up Old Memories

Happy Monday!

How was everyone's weekend?
Mine was nice and relaxing. 

Yesterday afternoon M and I went to his parents house. His mom had been asking him for months to stop by sometime and clean out his old bedroom. So he thought....what's a better mother's day present than that?

He had a lot of crap in that old room....A LOT of crap......but it all brought me back to when I first met him. 
We were 17 the first time I went to his house. We used to watch endless hours of Friends on DVD in that room, play one on one on his closet door basketball hoop and people watch his sketchy neighbors from his window. On Saturday nights in the summers I would stay over and his mom and dad would wake us up Sunday mornings with pancakes, homefries and sausage.....in 5 1/2 weeks they will officially be my family.  

His walls used to be covered in pictures of cars and Celtics legends, Britney Spears posters and cut outs from the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition.....(thank gosh he's grown up a lot since then!!)

As we were tossing old stuff into trash bags and creating donation piles for his old clothing I noticed something....he kept every card, note, picture, gift etc. I have ever given him! He's not a sentimental guy and has no problem tossing out anything.....but it was nice to see that he always cared enough to save the little things from me.

One card in particular stood out as we were rummaging through the old stuff. It made us realize how long we've been together and how much we've shared.....it was a card I had given him on our 7 month anniversary in 2004. Inside I wrote that I couldn't believe it had already been 7 months and I couldn't wait to see what the next 7 months had in store for us......

.......fast forward 9 years later and there we were sitting on his old bed, looking through pictures of us at the prom, his high school graduation party and our last summer before we went off to college.....

What a fantastic ride it's been:)






39 Days<3...

18 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but geez, looking at photos from just 2 years ago makes me feel old. lol. You guys are cute :)

    P.S. I haven't forgotten you want a Shakeology sample ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! It is so refreshing to see couples sticking together these days.


    xoxo-
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! My boyfriend's sister and her husband have been together since they were 15. They're now both turning 40, and have beautiful kiddos and a life together. It's fun to hear them reminisce about when they were kids and dating. There are few couples that can make it this amount of time, starting so young, so I give you all a TON of credit and kudos!
    YAY for wedding soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh this is so cute shannon and what great memories you two have together :) seriously adorable! eeks cant wait to see the wedding pics in a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetest post EVER!! It made me cry!!! Wishing the two of you another 9 x a billon years of happiness!!! xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome that you have that kind of history together! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too fun. love the old pictures ... what cute freshmen you were. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWWWWW so cute! I love being able to see you grow up with the LOVE of your life! :)

    So excited for the wedding, yay yay yay sparkles!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww that's awesome to be able to go back and experience the ride all over again right before your wedding! You guys are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so sweet! The old memories are the best. I can just imagine his room it sounds like every teenage guys room!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so awesome! Skye and I have a long dating history too - 7.5 years so it's always fun to looking back the very beginning pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute post! That must have been fun going though things in his room with all the history you have. I love the milestone pictures you posted. Very cool to have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I just found your blog and this post was so incredibly sweet. I love that he kept every note and card that you had gotten him. You got yourself a keeper, but I think you know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww!! That is so adorable!! I love it. So happy for you :) It's funny about cleaning out his room, my mother in law recently dropped off some of my husband's stuff and there were like these old toys and stuffed animals from when he was little, it's just so funny looking at his childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! That's so close! I really think that it's amazing that you guys have hit so many milestones together <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. how sweet!! 39 days!! woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!