4.10.2012

My NEW Favorite Makeup Line!


Hi Ladies!

How are we doing on this fine Tuesday?


Remember this post HERE where I told you all about my makeup trial for the BIG DAY?
Well my trial went so well and I loved the makeup SO much that I bought a couple pieces and cannot WAIT to buy more. There's nothing better than getting your hands on a great foundation....one that matches your skin tone well, hides your imperfections and looks great in natural daylight.....

You can all relax, friends because I have found the foundation that does ALL OF THESE THINGS! 

Enter.....



Since my wedding ceremony is going to be outdoors I wanted to make sure I found a base that blended well and didn't look too cakey in the sunlight. Not too much to ask for, right? 
The Glo Minerals Satin II does just that AND it has a great blend of green tea extract and vitamins A, C and E! 

The foundation is a little on the pricey side ($40) but my thought process went a little something like this...
"I could spend $40 on a shirt that I might wear twice in a month or $40 on something that I will wear ON MY FACE every single day."

Decision was made:)

While I was at it I also purchased a tube of their liquid lips in the color "adore."
This is the color gloss that I will be wearing when I smack one on my new hubby at my wedding (in exactly 73 days!)



What is my next purchase you ask??

I can't wait to get my hands on the finishing powder because when my makeup artist used it during my trial it was AMAZING!! It gave my face a gorgeous matte finish which will be GREAT for photographs right?
No one likes a big shiny face in their pictures!


Glo Minerals only uses pharmaceutical-grade ingredients that are entirely talc-free. Their skincare products are advanced formulas that work systematically to support skin health and treat skin concerns.
What's better than that??

Enjoy your Tuesday, beauties!


18 comments:

  1. Oooh, these look lovely!! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have that EXACT liquid lips (mine from beauty brands). and my friend bought it for me on the day of our reception to wear for wedding pictures. not kidding. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Bare Minerals? How would you compare this Glo Minerals to that (if you have tried BM)? I'm a religious BM user but love to hear recommendations on other products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I used to use bare minerals every day. The Glo Minerals foundation I use is a liquid base. I loved Bare Minerals but found that by the end of the day it was all worn off!

      Delete
  4. I looove the color of that lip gloss! I may to look for it. And yay for 73 only days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you did the same thing I did when I decided to try a new line of makeup! I bought 3 pieces even though it was a little more pricey bc you're right, we wear it every single day. I've never heard of that line before so I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm I might have to try this. I also use Bare Minerals everyday & it does seem like that by the end of the day it's all gone. Maybe a switch to this is called for?!.. Totally agree with your thinking on pricing though!

    xo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing these awesome finds :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. And where do you find this line? The foundation sounds amazing! Totally worth the price tag especially when it's for something as important as your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you get that at? If only makeup that worked wasn't so exspensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely checking this out!! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd really like to try this! I just switched to Make Up Forever HD from Bare Minerals. I'm definitely sold on going back to liquid but not sure MUFE is "the one." Totally agree on pricing - good foundation and concealer are worth the money! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey - I clicked the link to go to your post about your trial ... but it went to a post about a recap of several weekends back. (Did I miss something?) Anyway, I'm in agreement ... I LOVE BM ... but it does seem to be gone by the end of the day ... liquid makeup makes me nervous ... esp the matching my skin perfectly part. I'd love to be able to do a trial of the makeup first ... my skin is combination ... so how do you feel like it does for both oily and dry skin? Haven't heard of this makeup before, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first one looks good. I need to try that! Smashbox is another fav if mine!

    I'm having a giveaway, check it out!

    Xx. Kelly

    www.MessyDirtyHair.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see you with your make-up did...
    Oh. I nominated you for a major award...
    Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. New to your blog, but OH HOW CUTE are you!
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding by the way. :)

    I am always searching for makeup it seems. I will def have to give this one a look. :)

    Totally got a new follower now doll! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!