2.27.2012

My Weekend Via Medicine Head

Happy Monday, friends! If today's post is a little random or if there are lots of spelling errors please bear with me. I have a terrible cold and am doped up on Dayquil! I have a serious case of "medicine head." Unfortunately being sick didn't help this weekend live up to its true potential but I still had fun....

Friday night when I left work I met up with my girls at a local Spanish restaurant for happy hour! We laughed, talked and sipped on red wine and sangria - it was a great time! Afterwards I met up with M and he and I went out for pizza. We had plans to go out and run some errands but there were torrential downpours and high winds in MA so we decided to stay in and watch the Jersey Shore/HGTV instead.

Saturday brought day 2 of my 6 week kettlebell challenge! Michele was over bright and early on Saturday morning and we got our sweat on - it felt great! Afterwards mom and I went for a mani and pedi. This week I chose "Pool Party" by China Glaze. This color makes me want summer OH SO BAD...


After that M and I went to the mall to pick up our wedding bands! WOO! They finally came in:) I am so pleased with the way mine looks. I didn't want to take it off! I went with an enhancer because the band on my engagement ring is so thick - this one matched up PERFECTLY! BLING BLING:)


According to my wedding day countdown app there are only 116 days left until I marry this stud muffin....


Saturday night we met up with M's brother and our future sister in law for some scorpian bowls adult beverages at a Japanese steak house! We watched the NBA all star festivities and caught up with them. On the ride home the scratchy throat and nasal congestion started to hit me:( I downed some Nyquil and hit the sheets immediately after walking in the door.

Sunday the fam and I celebrated sissy's birthday with a big turkey dinner and some jello cake. Have you ever tried jello cake? Its amazing. I need to get my mom's recipe and share it with you guys one of these days!

In other news.... my latest shipment from e.l.f came in! I just love everything about this makeup line (especially the prices). I'm sure Miss Lindsey at the Bargain Blonde is smiling right now (if she's reading this) since she might be their absolute #1 fan - but I'm coming in a close 2nd these days! 


I've been using these products for a couple months and like it or not I'm going to share my favorite pieces with you. In my opinion you need to stop what you're doing and order the following IMMEDIATELY....




Luscious Liquid Lipstick (I like Pink Lemonade the best!)

Here's to hoping your work week goes swimingly and here's to hoping my Rudolph cold nose goes away before the weekend...Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. LOVE that color!!! Have a great week & and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is NOT fun. I love the color you have on your nails and I love love love your wedding band with your ring! My best friend did hers like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 116 days? that is going to fly by! one of my best friends is getting married June 23rd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww, feel better!

    your wedding band(s) look GORG!!! Love them!
    and how exciting 116 days! whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your wedding band! gorgeous! sorry you are sickie dear! hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wedding set! And your nail polish color! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nails are oober cute! You are so close to getting married, and that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wedding band is gorgz girl! I hope you start feeling better! My husband was sick all weekend too, lots of Dayquil! Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww sweetie i hope you feel better soon!
    i hate to be sick .. makes me so weak :(

    about elf .. I ♥ IT!
    i get their products all the time
    because they are so cheap!



    xoxo
    MELINA ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that bling- gorgeous!! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love ELF make-up, especially the lip gloss. And jello cake is my absolute favorite!!! No one knows what it is so I'm excited you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't ever tired China Glaze, but I hear it's amazing. I love that color!

    I DO love the mineral face primer by ELF, though. That stuff has saved me so much money!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, Antipodes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!