2.21.2012

My LONG Weekend

Happy Monday Tuesday, friends!! Did we all have a nice long weekend??
Mine seemed just long enough. Sometimes long weekends FLY by and they feel just as short as a regular weekend, but this one was great! I got a lot accomplished and had some fun too:)

Friday was a night of Chipotle, food shopping and Lifetime movies....not a whole lot to report there:)

Saturday was filled with my bridal makeup trial (which came out AMAZING), celebrating my Grammy's 80th birthday and a pub crawl for my besties 26th birthday! I was on the go all day long and it was SOO much fun! 



Over the course of Sunday and Monday I picked out our wedding invitations with mom, went out to breakfast with my sisters/bro in laws and the little ones, M and I cleaned our ENTIRE condo and I became OBSESSED with the show House Hunters!! How is it possible I had never loved this show before?? And House Hunters International?? EVEN BETTER!!

This long weekend I also mastered 2 things I found via my blog buddies and good old Pinterest....

The 1-2-3 Mug Cake 
(via Miss Valerie from Along the Way with V & J)

Mine looks much messier than Valerie's version but it is DELICIOUS! A quick and easy dessert that requires minimal effort and doesn't make me feel seriously guilty after....perfect!!! You can see Valerie's original post with the recipe HERE!


I also mastered...
The Green Smoothie

1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
A handful of frozen pineapple
1 ripe banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 handful fresh spinach
4-5 ice cubes

Blend it up and serve with a straw! This bad boy is full of Vitaman A, C and protein! YUM!


How did you spend YOUR long weekend??

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I've always wanted to try the mug cake, but I've never gotten around to it. :) And the green smoothie? Looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm those two recipes look yummy and easy! Im gonna have to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was the cutest picture ever!
    look at the big family ♥


    also
    the mug cake .. LOOKS PRETTY AMAZING
    i need some chocolate in my life :(
    my diet is kiilling me lol



    xoxo
    MELINA ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I haven't tried the green smoothie with pineapple yet!
    I wish that Monday could've been a holiday for us but Eric had to work :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE House Hunters! I watch it all the time! And International just makes me dream and be jealous!Glad your makeup came out great! I still haven't tried those green smoothies. I want to but am afraid, although I only hear good things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had an awesome weekend girl :) & i'm glad you liked the little mug cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love spring cleaning?! Nothing better then a fresh clean house..That's what we did this weekend too :)

    OH and house hunters= love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a great weekend girlie! I need to make that green smoothie ASAPPPPP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great weekend. Your hair is SO pretty. I am loving green smoothies right now, I was sad I forgot mine in the fridge today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww i love the sounds of your weekend! it must have been fun doing your makeup trial!!! i LOVE house hunters too! i always get sucked into watching it. i also really like watching my first place, but i'm not sure if they show that one as much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been drinking protein smoothies in the mornings, too! Yum! Definitely going to have to try the mug cake. Glad you had a great weekend - I totally agree that it was the perfect length!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw sounds like a great weekend! I want to try the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can never get enough House Hunters! And once you start an episode it's impossible to turn it off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely going to try this smoothie this weekend. Love your blog. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!