1.26.2012

MTV, Chocolate and Its Ok Thursdays!

Happy Thursday, everyone! We have almost made it to the end of the work week! We are one "wake up" away from the weekend. YESS!!! I love how its starting to stay lighter out for longer at night too. When I leave work at 5:00 pm now it isn't pitch black outside anymore and I love it!! It gives me hope that spring is on its way! That means more time outside and more time to roller blade after work with my hunnie:) 

So does anyone else have a secret love for all MTV shows? Well I shouldn't say mine is "secret." When I was in HS and college I was obsessed with MTV. My roommates and I would watch EVERY show and literally pop a bowl of popcorn while we watched the Real World and The Challenge. It was like an addiction. After college I landed my first big girl job at an advertising network and guess who my client was? You guessed it! MTV! The obsession continued....Where am I going with this you ask? Well the Challenge: Battle of the Exes premiered last night and I couldn't be more excited!!!! Is anyone with me here? Team CT and Diem over here!!!


In other news...Remember that box of Frango chocolates I was telling you about? I got it at Christmas time and I was feeling guilty about sneaking a piece here and there? Well look at the box now....


This is purely shameful. That's all I can say. The man of the house doesn't eat chocolate so there's no hiding this is all me here. I can't believe I've eaten this many! I'm also sad at the same time that there are only 5 left! (yes 5....after I took this picture I ate 2 more!)

Moving on to Its Ok Thursdays! with A Complete Waste of Makeup!


Its Ok Thursdays

So its ok...

That I'm 5 months away from frolicking in my bikini in Hawaii and can't stop eating chocolates (see exhibit A above)

That I'm seriously looking forward to the buffet on our honeymoon cruise. (are the last 2 points contradicting?)

That I'm counting down the days until the Hunger Games movie hits the theater

That I've been craving beer lately...and I'm not talking Bud Lights here people....I want a Bud Heavy

That I wore black leggings to the gym last night that looked like fur leggings because they were so covered in cat hair.

That I looked like a crazy cat lady last night because I wore these "fur leggings" into Walgreens after the gym to pick up a bag of cat food and a box of kitty litter. (meow)

That I'm mentally exhausted thinking about all of the planning we have left to do for our wedding


What's ok with YOU today??



27 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh, especially picturing you as the cat lady hahah.
    And, to make you feel better, there is NO WAY that if I had gotten chocolates at Xmas time that, a month later, there would be ANY left. So, don't feel bad. Im pretty sure with me, they would have been gone within a week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was an MTV junkie back in the day. MTV came out when I was a junior in HS (please do not do the math) We were all addicted. You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat lady thing is too funny. Are you going on a cruise to Hawaii? I love cruises, they are my favorite. The buffets are pretty killer. I've had a recent interest in going to Hawaii too, you'll have to let me know how the cruise there is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We are cruising to Hawaii! I will let you know and will be sure to post lots of pictures:)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE The Challenge! Love it! Up until now I thought my sister and I were the only people who had even heard of it! I haven't watched the new season yet....it's currently awaiting me on PVR til my husband leaves for work. He just doesn't appreciate it like I do. I love CT and Johnny but like Diem more than Camilla so it's gonna be a hard one. Have a great Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a Camilla fan either! I have to watch when the man isn't home too - he isn't an MTV fan:(

      Delete
  5. When I saw the 'shame' picture of chocolates, I almost spit my coffee out laughing! You're too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was totally laughing at your "it's OK" posts! OMG I don't blame you with the chocolate though, it's so addicting and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm counting down for the Hunger Game too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would leave my boyfriend for CT... Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for The Hunger Games movie to come out! March needs to hurry up and get here! I also love all the Real Worlds and Challenges! CT is still so hot! This one looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hawaii is Awesome! You will have so much fun, and I love that you ate 2 more after taking that photo! Love your list of oks. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I CAN NOT WAIT for the Hunger Games movie! And I've certainly had similar "fur legging" experiences- my dog sheds like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love your It's OK Thursday's! They crack me up! I can't wait for the Hunger Games either!

    Bennett Love
    www.callie-lynch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up! Is the cruise taking you to Hawaii? I think we are going to do Maui, simple and tropical. I cant wait either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess! We are doing a Hawaiian cruise! We'll be in Maui for 2 days! What's your wedding date again? That'd be funny if we crossed paths:)

      Delete
  14. loveeee cruises... and especially the buffets :) lol

    i am about to finish book 2 of the hunger games, i cannot wait for the movie!

    your cat lady comment is hilarious! and i always have "fur leggings" too- hate that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh wait until you get to the 3rd book in the Hunger Games series! It will amp you up even more for the movie:)

      Delete
  15. the cruise we went on for our honeymoon was all you can eat. it was pure heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I seriously love MTV, it's bad, Caged, Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, 16 & Pregnant, the list goes on and on... It feels good to admit that I have a problem outloud lol. I get super defensive about it in real life. My boyfriend ecame over to my apt the other day and turned on my tv, guess what channel it was on!???? YUP. MTV, he was all " Why is your MTV always on when I turn on the TV????" I was like "IT'S NOT ON ALL THE TIME!!!!" (It totally is)

    :) happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha! Cat Lady! Too funny! I used to be an MTV fan, but since I travel so much and many hotels don't have that channel, I have given up on trying to keep up! :/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thursday! I also refer to "wake-ups" as a way to count down the week - it seems to go faster that way! :)

    I'm loving your blog! You are so adorable!

    P.S. - I left you a little surprise on my Blog :)

    Breanna
    http://therushfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dang it I missed the airing of the Challenge!!! Anyone go home in the first episode?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a chocolate addiction too- just can't help it! I cannot wait for the hunger games movie! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!