1.03.2012

Ring Bling Link Up With CMae!

Post number 2 for the day!! Today I am linking up with CMae from Happiness Is... to give you all the details on my engagement ring and our engagement story! Sorry for the iphone images:( They don't do my ring justice!

My ring is a 1.15 carat solitaire on a platinum band. EXACTLY what I wanted:) Mike purchased the ring at Long's jewelers. Here's a fun fact....the smallest size he could get my ring in was a size 5.....low and behold my ring size is actually a 3.5! I knew I had small hands/small fingers but a 3.5?? Is that like child's size or something??

Now onto our story. We have been together since 2003 and have lived together since 2009 so there was no questioning he would be popping the question at some point! He bought the ring in early March of 2011 but we had a lot going on in our lives. My best friend had just lost her brother unexpectedly, I quit my job (and was unemployed!) and my sister was due any day with my nephew. What a whirlwind of emotions!
On Wednesday April 6th Mike asked me if I'd like to go out to dinner at the Bedford Village Inn (this is the place I always dreamed of getting married and he knew that!) I didn't think it was strange though because we had said several times before we should make a reservation. We had an awesome dinner complete with a bottle of cabernet and then Mike asked me to walk outside in the garden at the Inn so we could "check it out." After a couple of minutes I asked if we could go back to the car...my 4 inch heels were sinking into the grass! He put his hands on my shoulders and said "You know the real reason we came here tonight, right?" and he got down on one knee. I said yes and I cried, then I laughed because he tricked me with this random Wednesday night proposal then I cried again! We celebrated at a local bar afterwards where friends and family met up with us - what a magical day:)

12 comments:

  1. You are the second blogger today in the ring link up I've read that has THAT small of a ring finger!!! Dang girl! lol Thank you so much for linking up! I think we are ring twinkies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ring is beautiful! Love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ring :) Happy to have found your blog through the link up! So fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww love your ring girl and great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story and your ring is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ring, and i love the color of your manicure in the pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...how sweet. And what a beautiful diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies! @shay - the color is called atomic orange:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED reading this!! I have tiny fingers too!! At least we know it wont fit someone else if they try and steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful engagement story!!! I’m sure the moment was so special and so perfect for you both :) I was a New England bride this past summer and have the best memories of planning my wedding... Happy Wedding Planning! Enjoy every second of it!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Though the designer cheap louis vuitton handbags are quite expensive, but lets face it, they are worth it! omega watches for sale
    can change a personality and make you look better than others. So girls donot wait to make cheap christmas gifts around you covetous. Give your shoulders an all new look that can make others feel green eyed. Adding cheap rolex watches and element of glam and chic, the designer handbags are a great form of accessories replica catier jewellery online to make you look classy and add a third dimension to your spirit. The good news is that, these designer mens jackets are available in all shapes, sizes, colors and great prices at cheap prada handbags. So donot wait long to explore the cool designs and hues to match your personality.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!