11.11.2011

Steaks & Stella Blu!

In honor of our anniversary last night, Mike and I made a delicious steak dinner at home (complete with our favorite 14 Hands red wine:)). It's funny to me that after 8 years I can still give him an anniversary card and think of something new and exciting to write inside. He was a good sport and stood outside in the pouring rain (complete with my pink umbrella...sadly no photos) to cook our steaks on the grill. I on the other hand stayed inside where it was warm (and where there was wine) to whip up a batch of my famous potatoes:)



After our dinner we headed to downtown Nashua and got a table at Stella Blu (a swanky tapas bar right off of Main St!). I started off with a Jade Star martini....vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, midori, garnished with a slice of pineapple! Mike ordered his usual Hendrick's gin martini with a twist. I couldn't resist putting in an order for their Churro Sticks too...fried dough sticks rolled in cinnamon/sugar then dipped in chocolate ganache...YUM! There were 12 in the order....I ate 10.....the other two went to my friend Stephanie who ended up showing up and taking a seat at the bar behind us! Mike doesn't like anything chocolate...or most sweets in general! Why couldn't a woman have been born with his taste buds!!?? Not fair:( We ended our night by each ordering a little Frangelico on the rocks...delicious! Cheers to 8 years!


I woke up with a bit of a headache today....texted Mike and he said he's "hurting!" I guess we are getting too old to hang like we used to on a Thursday night:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!