11.28.2011

My LONG Weekend Via Instagram...

Hi Bloggies! I had a nice, relaxing, long weekend off but I'm back and ready to blog! I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! On Wednesday I stayed in and got my Paula Dean on and cooked up a delicious Pumpkin Torte for Thanksgiving as well as a batch of delicious Sweet Potatoes! Of course I had my 2 essentials...a bottle of merlot and my "Wine Diva" apron!


On Friday Mike and I went out and picked up our Christmas tree! This year it didn't take long. The first one we laid our eyes on turned out to be perfect!! It looks very festive in the front window at our condo:)


On Saturday I hosted a charity event in my home town to support the Salvation Army's Adopt A Family Program! We had cocktails, live music, raffle prizes and lots of fun:) We asked that each guest bring a $25 gift card as a donation. The gift cards will be used to purchase Christmas gifts for local families who cannot afford them. Together we raised over $1500!! It was a great success! Here are some photos from the raffle/donation table:)


After the event ended, we all walked over to the local Chinese restaurant for some scorpion bowls and dancing to celebrate a job-well-done!!


How was YOUR long weekend??


1 comment:

  1. what a fun holiday weekend! i love a real christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love:) You just made my day!

Cheers!